Þingvallakirkja is a church within the national park. Present building was built 1859. According to the saga´s a church has been standing at Þingvellir since 1017.
Present church is usually closed unless a member of staff is nearby. That is often the case around 10:00 when free guided tours with the park ranger starts from the church.
The priest at Þingvellir operates from Skálholt which used to be the cathedral of Iceland for centuries. For booking the church or other church related questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org